Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Finding One on One Time

Last week I was thinking it was about time to teach the children how to wash dishes by hand.  Last night, our dishwasher blew up!  What a blessing!
Today, my 8 year old daughter and I spent 30 minutes washing dishes together.  I taught her the tips and tricks I knew.  She asked where I had learned them, and I answered, "From my mother."  The significance of that caused me to pause and think for awhile.
I loved, loved, loved, sharing that 30 minutes with my daughter.  We had a great discussion.  I look forward to more with her, and with my other children.  I am not in a hurry to buy a new dishwasher.

I have also been amazed at how the passages I read in the scriptures each day are so timely and helpful in my life.  I'm nearing the end of the New Testament, a book I thought I didn't know too well.  But there are many familiar verses and great food for thought.  I'll share some soon.

1 comment:

  1. Only you could find joy in the dishwasher blowing up! That is what I love about you! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete